The best regulatory set in the country, without a doubt!” – Legal 500 2022
Members of Six Pump Court have considerable experience of appearing in Coroners’ inquests and at major public inquiries.
At every level of call from the silks to the juniors, we are familiar with the procedural and substantive issues which arise in such arenas. Our clients rightly increasingly recognise that there are potentially adverse implications for interested persons, both organisations and individuals, of not engaging with the inquisitorial process through strategic, expert and well-prepared representation.
Six Pump Court’s well recognised grounding in all aspects of regulation, in particular health and safety, consumer and environmental, enables us fully to understand and represent clients’ positions as to the background subject matter, however wide-ranging that might be. Very often Health and Safety cases involve fatalities. In such cases members of Chambers frequently act both at the Inquest and in any criminal proceedings. We boast considerable experience of construction accidents, workplace transport incidents, electrocutions and other industrial fatalities.
Examples of Chambers’ Inquest & Inquiries work includes:
- the Grenfell Tower Inquiry (Members of Chambers instructed for a range of Core Participants, including corporates, government departments and individuals)
- the Litvinenko Inquiry
- the Hillsborough Stadium Disaster Inquiry
- death of a 3 year old girl killed by an exploding inflatable trampoline (for safety enforcement authority)
- worker killed by racking in semi-mechanised cold storage warehouse (for safety enforcement authority)
- killing of vulnerable adult drowned by two associates of ex-lover
- Mubenga deportation-restraint at Heathrow
- Hasanovic: murder of wife by husband following CPS decision not to pursue earlier domestic violence allegations – defence of CPS policy position
- death by choking of a care home resident on a soft diet but given solid food