Six Pump Court’s planning and regulatory barristers have considerable experience of working with Highway Authorities and individuals, particularly when diversion or extinguishment of highways is sought as part of the planning process.
Our practitioners provide expert legal advice and representation in the following areas:
- Highway creation by construction, or dedication.
- Acquisition of land for highway construction.
- Stopping up, diversion and extinguishment of public highways.
- Private streets (works code, advance payments, adoption).
- Maintenance of public highways (councils’ powers and duties, enforcement).
- Improvements, street furniture, and safety.
- Rights of adjoining owners and statutory undertakers.
- Definitive Map Modification Order applications under s.53 Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- Prosecution of unlawful interference with, and obstruction of, public highways.