Isabella undertook pupillage at Six Pump Court, and joined chambers upon its completion in 2010. She maintains a broad practice across a number of areas of chambers' work, with a particular focus on civil and commercial law, planning and disciplinary and regulatory proceedings. Please see the links on the left for more detail on her practice in these areas.
Isabella accepts instructions in all areas of civil and commercial law, with her practice ranging from contractual disputes, cases of personal injury and property and landlord and tenant matters.
Her broad practice also includes civil applications for cash forfeiture under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2003, remedies under the Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014 and Domestic Violence Protection Orders under the Crime and Security Act 2010.
As well as appearing in Court, Isabella also advises on paper, and is regularly instructed to draft pleadings, submissions and applications at all stages of proceedings.
Recent cases include:
- Representing a national chain of DIY shops in relation to claims for damages arising from personal injury brought both by its employees and customers;
- Representing Kent Police in an application for a Sexual Risk Order against a 15 year old boy who had engaged in sexual activity with a girl aged just 12;
- Successfully resisting an application for cash forfeiture proceedings to be stayed as an abuse of process in circumstances where confiscation proceedings in the Crown Court had not been pursued by the prosecution following adverse comments made by the Crown Court Judge about the conduct of the police in those proceedings
Having practised extensively in family law earlier in her career, Isabella continues to regularly appear in the Family Court in relation to applications concerning the disclosure of material between the family and criminal jurisdictions.
In 2014 / 2015 Isabella represented Kent Police in a long running matter before the High Court concerning complex issues of disclosure arising out of three sets of linked care proceedings running concurrently to a multi handed trial in the Crown Court relating to significant charges of child trafficking and sexual exploitation.
Other recent cases include:
- Representing the police in an application for disclosure into the concurrent criminal proceedings of material filed within care proceedings instigated after the subject children’s father was charged with the murder of their mother;
- Successfully resisting an application for the disclosure of material of a highly sensitive nature held by the police which, whilst relevant, would expose a party to the care proceedings to a significant risk of physical harm if disclosed
Isabella accepts instructions in all areas of planning law, and is regularly instructed to advise on paper and appear at inquiries.
Isabella also has experience of prosecutions and related confiscation proceedings arising from alleged breaches of planning laws before both the Magistrates’ Court and the Crown Court.
Disciplinary / Regulatory proceedings
Isabella also has experience of representing the Nursery and Midwifery Council and the General Dental Council at disciplinary hearings instigated against nurses and dentists.
- BVC (Very Competent), Nottingham Law School (2007)
- GDL (Distinction), Nottingham Law School (2006)
- BA (Hons) (Upper Second Class), Ancient History and Latin, University of Nottingham (2004)
Middle Temple Chrystal MacMillan Prize (2007) – awarded for achieving results in the top 5% of that year’s BVC cohort.