Employment Law Conference – Review of the Year 2018
July 18, 2018
On 5 October 2018, Mukhtiar Singh will be joining other employment law experts and teaming up with MBL at this now well-established event.
Topics will include status, strike ballots, discrimination, whistleblowing, pension reforms, holiday pay and surveillance of staff.
Mukhtiar will be dealing with discrimination. Following campaigns such as #MeToo and the Windrush scandal, many have considered that there is a growing public consensus towards the need for greater equality. Coinciding with that, the Supreme Court has made a number of recent decisions in favour of greater equality.
Mukhtiar’s session will cover a number of important appellate decisions on the following topics:
- Can there be liability for the acts of third party following Unite v Nailard?
- Indirect discrimination: what does the Clamant have to prove?
- Immunity of professional discipline boards
- Does an employer need to see into the future?
- Segregation, judicial notice and the importance of a minority judgment
- Perceived disability
For more details, and to book, click here. The event provides 6 CPD points. The Central London venue is yet to be confirmed.