Daniel prosecutes and defends the most serious criminal offences, including sexual offences, drugs offences, fraud and offences of violence.
Daniel undertakes prosecutions for the CPS, including the Organised Crime Division (large-scale drugs importations) and the Specialist Fraud Division (evasion of duty on foreign cigarettes and tobacco), as well as for Royal Mail and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Recently, Daniel’s focus has been on the prosecution of serious organised crime (cigarette and drug importations and other drugs offences) and of serious sexual offences. Daniel is regularly instructed by the CPS London and SE RASSO Units to provide pre-charge advices, victim right to review advices and to undertake prosecutions in the most serious and complex historical sexual offences.
Daniel also receives instructions from defence solicitors for all manner of serious criminal offences and is often asked to undertake complicated cases involving difficult clients at short notice. He is praised for the thoroughness of his written advice and case preparation.
Daniel has significant experience in fraud and financial crime, including money laundering, forfeiture, deprivation and confiscation for the CPS, for local authorities, for HMRC and for defence solicitors.
Daniel also has substantial experience acting in regulatory and quasi-criminal offences for local authorities including for the London Boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith and Fulham, Waltham Forest, Tower Hamlets, Kensington and Chelsea and the Cities of Westminster and London. In this capacity he has undertaken prosecutions for all manner of local authority offences including trading standards and food hygiene cases, street trading, noise abatement and Education Act prosecutions. Daniel has also prosecuted cases for Ofcom and has acted for the Security Industry Authority in resisting appeals against the refusal and revocation of door supervisor and CCTV operative licences.
Grade 4 CPS Panel Advocate and Rape Specialist
- Postgraduate Diploma Professional Legal Skills (BVC) (City University).
- Law LLB (Hons.) (The University of Sheffield)
- R v Coleman-Mitchell, Maidstone Crown Court (2016): Prosecution of former Metropolitan Police Special Constable for firearms offences;
- R v BW, Isleworth Crown Court (2016): Prosecution of Defendant for over 70 offences of attempted rape, indecent assault and sexual assault committed against his daughter over a 10-year period;
- R v Grainger, Nottingham Crown Court (2016): Prosecution in evasion of duty on 8 million foreign-branded cigarettes (duty evaded in excess of £1.7million);
- R v Coomber, Maidstone Crown Court (2016): Prosecution of executive chef at Gillingham Football Club for offences of sexual assault committed in the workplace;
- R v Martin, Amersham Crown Court (2016): Led junior in prosecution of company director and property investor for offences of fraudulent trading (losses in excess of £800,000);
- R v Clarke, Luton Crown Court (2016): Defence counsel in Trading Standards fraudulent trading and money laundering prosecution relating to manufacture of non-compliant vehicle registration plates;
- R v Preedy, Central Criminal Court (2015): Prosecution for Department for Business, Innovation and Skills of bankrupt fraudulently transferring his property to avoid paying creditors
- R v Hamilton, Inner London Crown Court (2015): Prosecution of Pentecostal Bishop for 26 counts of rape and sexual abuse of six victims committed over four decades;
- R v Buciuta, Maidstone Crown Court (2015): Prosecution of importation of 130kg cocaine worth £18million into the UK on a school bus trip;
- R v El Kurd, Southwark Crown Court (2015): Defence junior in contested confiscation in £192million money laundering case;
- R v Noel Hamilton, Central Criminal Court (2014): Defence junior counsel in multi-handed Old Bailey murder trial;
- R v David Williamson, Kingston-upon-Thames Crown Court (2014): Defence counsel in case involving armed robberies and bomb hoax threats targeting Harrods;